With COVID-19 having such a dramatic and disruptive impact on our daily lives and businesses, the internet offers a great deal of help and opportunity. Here are 5 top tips to help your business go digital.
- If your physical store has had to close for the time being, it's more important than ever that your website is up to scratch and does you justice, as your virtual shop window and shop floor. Now would be a great time to give it a spring clean and freshen up its design.
- If you normally sell products in your brick-and-mortar shop or stall but don't yet sell them online, you could add e-commerce functionality into your website which allows you to take orders, process card payments, send email confirmations and manage inventory. If you have a WordPress website already for example, you don’t need to start from scratch with an entirely new website - you can just add WooCommerce.
- If you normally deliver consulting, training or coaching services face-to-face, you could add e-learning functionality into your website so that your customers can access it all online instead, using tools like Learndash You can restrict access to paying customers only, create certification programmes, and more.
- If your service involves collecting information from customers, particularly if you normally do this in-person, consider whether you could create and/or improve any forms on your website. Giving your visitors a fantastic user experience is vital - and forms can be an important component. Forms don't have to be plain and boring these days - tools like Typeform or Jotform can make them slick, highly personalised and sophisticated, yet simple to use - without spending a fortune on developers.
- To help you get found in Google, you need to work on Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) - but this doesn't have to mean investing lots of money paying for SEO experts. Check out the extensive free advice on Neil Patel's blog, and his fantastic, free tool called Ubersuggest which will give you lots of pointers on what to fix, and how.
If you're interested in getting some help with any of this our Zero Emissions Network partner Erjjio Studios can give you a free strategy call. Get in touch at erjjiostudios.com.
Erjjio create cutting-edge websites which are powered by 100% renewable energy and optimised to reduce their carbon emissions (yes, even websites have a carbon footprint!).