Hackney Council has published a draft Area Action Plan that guides investment and new development in Shoreditch whilst supporting communities and enhancing Shoreditch’s unique character. The Future Shoreditch Area Plan sets out a vision for a thriving, vibrant, greener and more affordable Shoreditch.The plan identifies the key issues, challenges and opportunities facing the area and sets out the planning policies and site guidance to deliver growth for the benefit of all over the next 15 years.
The Area Plan sets out to:
- Deliver growth that benefits all: the Council will continue to support a growing economy creating new jobs in Shoreditch in different sectors including retail, hospitality, cultural & creative industries, creative tech and the arts.
- Tackle affordability: the Council will ensure that affordable workspace and homes are delivered within new developments.
- Support a diverse economy: an accessible day, evening and night-time economy and balancing this with the needs of people who live and work in Shoreditch.
- Protect Shoreditch’s special urban character: through high quality and innovative urban design and encouraging world-class architecture.
- Enhancing the quality of life: promoting sustainable transport, developing a greener built environment and creating new public spaces.
If you live, work, socialise, or run an organisation in the area, please get involved. You can read the plan and have your say here.